Time is running out to apply for 2016 ENERGY STAR certification! The deadline to apply is November 15. Here are some helpful links:
- Download instructions for how to apply for ENERGY STAR certification
- Read 10 reasons to certify your building as ENERGY STAR
ENERGY STAR certification is free, but your application will need to be verified by a professional engineer or registered architect. You can use an in-house PE or RA, or hire someone (he or she may charge a fee for this service, typically $1,000 - $1,500).
- Find PEs or RAs nearby who can verify your application
- Have a PE or RA on staff? Give them these instructions to follow.
And remember, studies have shown that ENERGY STAR certified buildings:
- Have lower operating costs
- Are more marketable
- Command higher rental rates
- Have increased asset value
- Contribute fewer greenhouse gas emissions to the environment
There is simply no better way to demonstrate to your customers, investors, employees, and other stakeholders that you are saving energy, saving money, and protecting the environment.